Spring has arrived and we have camping fever! As the camping season begins, there is a lot to think about and plan for your upcoming camping adventures so we created a list of tips that can help your camping season run smoothly.
- De-winterize and clean your RV a couple of weeks before your first camping trip.
- Make sure your tow vehicle (if you need one) can haul your fully loaded RV. Read our tow guide here, contact your local Jayco dealer, or call our Custom Service department if you have questions.
- Pack your RV ahead of time with all the nonperishable items you’ll take with you on your camping trip. It’s helpful to pack things that can stay in your RV all season long so you don’t have to unpack and repack everything each trip. (i.e. blankets, pillows, dishware, games, etc.)
- Book your campsites for the whole season as early as possible. Need help doing that? Read here.
- Plan your meals ahead. Don’t wait till the last minute to decide on the food you want take.
- Use recipes that call for the same ingredients to avoid taking along a bunch of different ingredients.
- Be sure to do all the necessary maintenance checks before hitting the road to help avoid any mishaps while you’re on your camping excursion.
These are just a few helpful tips to hopefully make your camping season go off without a hitch. Jayco also has some helpful tips and links on our website in the RV Owner’s Resources page. Do you have any useful camping trip tips? Leave us a comment with your tips.