July 4th is a time to celebrate our nation’s independence, but it’s frequently associated with… you guessed it, food! Food, friends, campfires, and fireworks all rolled together create one of the most anticipated holidays of the year. And because we know a lot of people celebrate this holiday while RVing or camping, we’ve decided to find some fun, festive, and easy recipes to help you celebrate our nation’s holiday with a 4-course meal packed with American flair. If you’re celebrating July 4th on the road, comment below and share your favorite 4th of July recipes! We hope you all have a fun and safe 4th of July!
- Red, White, and Blueberry Fruit Salad
This festive recipe contains lime juice, honey, mint, and fruit! Simply combine lime juice, honey, and mint in a large bowl and whisk. Then add the fruit and let sit for 15-30 minutes before serving.
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, halved
- 3 medium apples, peeled and cut into chunks
- Patriotic Potato Salad
What’s a 4th of July celebration without Potato Salad?! To make, cook the red and white potatoes in one pot and the purple potatoes in another (so the colors remain vibrant) and cook until fork tender. Drain and cool potatoes and cut into bite size chunks. Then the easy part… combine mayo, lemon juice, mustard, and celery seeds in a large bowl. Add potatoes and garnish with green onions. Serve and enjoy!
- 1lb each of red, white, and purple potatoes, peeled
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 2 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ¼ teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 ½ tablespoons green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper as desired
- Red, Hot, and Blue Wings
This recipe is made in an oven, but we think it would translate perfectly to grill or campfire cooking! All you have to do is combine the ingredients in a saucepan omitting the lemon juice and curry paste (until the sugar dissolves). Once combined, add the remaining ingredients and slather your wings in this spicy goodness.
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce or ketchup
- ½ cup red currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 3lbs halved chicken wings
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing for dipping
- Grilled Packet Potatoes
A perfect compliment to the spicy wings, these super simple potatoes will steal the show! All you have to do is combine and place the ingredients in 2 heavy-duty foil packets (two pieces folded and crimped together) and grill for about 25-30 minutes, flipping once.
- 8 red or russet potatoes, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 8 green onions (put some in the bag and save some for garnish)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper as desired
- Spangled Sandwich Pops (our favorite!)
This recipe is about as easy as easy gets. Simply take the mini ice-cream sandwiches and place popsicle sticks in one end. Roll in red, white, and blue sprinkles and serve!
- Mini ice-cream sandwiches
- Popsicle sticks
(All recipes gathered from Disney’s Family Fun)