Recently, we announced that we have launched a long-term Sustainability Initiative designed to insure minimal negative impact by our products and processes on human health and the environment. We’ve named our commitment to protecting the environment EcoAdvantage.
Jayco has always made an effort to do its part in being conscience of the waste we produce and how we handle that waste. In fact, we have had our own internal recycling program since the early 1980’s and in 1991 we received a Governor’s Award of Excellence for our recycling efforts.
With our new company-wide EcoAdvantage program, we’re focused on creating better ways to build better RVs and using fewer natural resources in the process. To achieve this, we’ve set seven ambitious goals and we expect powerful results.
- Landfill Free by 2015 – we’ve relocated recycling bins, educated our employees and worked with suppliers to reduce packaging.
- Reduce Freshwater Use – we plan to capture water runoff to be able to provide the water needs for our facilities. Our first step is reclaiming rain water for use in three of our major production facilities by this coming spring.
- Use More Sustainable Materials – we will re-use materials, improve our packaging and work with our suppliers to use more sustainable components.
- Consume Less Energy – We’re committed to consuming 40% less energy by 2014 through facility upgrades and production process improvements.
- Promote Green Efforts – through our EcoAdvantage program, we hope to educate and get RV owners, suppliers and even competitors to begin to recognize the importance these practices can have on the environment.
- Streamline Processes – We’re focused on standardizing more processes to reduce energy use, increase efficiency and limit production waste.
- Reduce Product Weight - We’ve committed ourselves to building lightweight products for better gas economy, so that we can help our owners tread even more lightly on the plant during their adventures.
What are some ways you reduce your footprint when camping?Leave us a comment.
To learn more about Jayco’s EcoAdvantage program, click here.