We all know how hard it is to leave our pets behind when we’re traveling, and taking them along can add even more happy memories to your RVing experiences. However, traveling with pets can create its own set of problems. What happens when your pet gets hurt while traveling? What if your pet gets lost?
Below you’ll find some handy tricks to making traveling with your pets a stress-free experience.
- Call the RV sites or campgrounds ahead of time to be sure your pets will be welcome.
- Be sure your pet has tags and they are up to date.
- Take your pet to the vet in order to be sure you are aware of any medical conditions they may have. Additionally, update their vaccines!
- Did you know there are pet first-aid kits?! Keep one of these around when traveling with pets.
- Make sure to incorporate your pets into any emergency plans you’ve outlined for traveling.
- Don’t forget the basics! A leash, food, treats, etc.
- And if you want your pet to get the full RV experience, take them with you when you do fun activities! Pets love hiking